The rapid development of structured products and derivatives markets has led to a significant increase in the use of collateral. After the failure of Lehman Brothers, many institutions decided to upgrade their collateral management processes, whilst other firms introduced such processes where they had not existed previously. In the present highly volatile markets with limited credit lines the pressure on collateral management has further increased and the degree of complication has multiplied.More information
The Fundamentals of Collateral Management training course is designed to provide a fundamental grounding in the processing of collateral and associated functions. The topic of collateral management has been increasingly focusing the attention, due to the need for operational efficiency, the need for operational risk reduction and effective management of counterparty risk. Successful processing and management of collateral within an organization requires knowledgeable staff who understand the overall process leading to safe and secure processing, and an awareness of the pitfalls that can result in losses.
The objective of the Collateral Management course is to provide participants with:
- Awareness of the essential purpose of collateral;
- Appreciation of numerous collateral-related transaction types;
- Understanding of the main collateral operational flow;
- Knowledge of how to derive collateral values & what impacts such values;
- Appreciation of the primary content of legal agreements;
- Awareness of the need to operate within the parameters of legal agreements;
- Carry out meaningful dialogue on key collateral topics;
- Appreciation of the risks in processing collateral & the controls to mitigate
During his Investment Banking career Michael gained hands-on experience of day-to-day management responsibility for many operational areas. Michael has delivered open- and in house training to Investment Management, Private and Merchant Banking, Pension Funds and Corporate banking. Michael is author of the books “Securities Operations, a Guide to Trade and Position Management”, and “Corporate Actions; a Guide to Securities Event Management”.
Total Solutions offers the opportunity to organise this training as an open or in-house training.
For more information, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 20 530 4380
- Date: 01-Oct-2013 09:00
- Duration: 2 day(s)
- Location: Amsterdam
- PE Points: 12
- Language: English