Total Solutions is as an international service provider specialising in the Financial Markets industry.
Our consultants have many years of experience with Banks, Asset Managers, Insurance companies, Pension Funds, Custodians and Brokers and their expertise and market knowledge is the reason why they are perfectly positioned to select and introduce the right candidate for your company.
One of the focal points of Total Solutions service is the level of service offered to each of our Clients. Each client has their own specific point of contact with fixed contact with one of our Consultants and each Consultant has a backup so that we can guarantee continuity in our service. As a result of this personal service, you can be assured that your point of contact will understand your organization through and through and any business critical issues that need to be resolved. They are specifically there to help you on a short notice.
At Total Solutions, we don’t only select our candidates based on knowledge and experience, but also on personality and ambition to also ensure that we get the right cultural fit between the candidate and your organization. A good candidate does not only have to have the best experience or interest in the role, but he or she also needs to be the best ‘fit’’ into the culture of both your organization and the department. It is because of the proven experience of our Consultants and the years of knowledge of you as a client, that they are able to ensure the best selection of candidates for you.
Total Solutions approaches all of its candidates according to our Quadruple Quality principle. Our permanent and temporary employees will always have access to our knowledge network and our Consultants stay in constant contact with them. After 1 year we offer our candidates various training courses, so that they are always able to provide you with new solutions, even when an issue is outside their recognized specialism.
Candidates reach us through different channels:
- A lot of our candidates are referred by colleagues and friends
- Total Solutions looks for suitable candidates by searching in a umber of differing on-line CV databases
- Candidates approach us after they have seen an advertisement or vacancy on the internet or our own website
- We also use social media like LinkedIn more and more to find the candidate with the right background
The first selection is based on experience, education and competences that are fundamental within financial markets. The next step is to invite candidates for an intake interview at our office.
The candidates have a formal interview with one of our Consultants. An interview takes around 1 to 1,5 hours. During this interview the complete focus is on the candidate themselves. A vacancy isn’t discussed at first. Besides knowledge and experience, we will also discuss expectations, ambitions and personality. Total Solutions has about 50 intake interviews with candidates that are considered to be a good ‘’fit’’ to our client base within the Financial Markets per month.
During the interview, the following subjects will be discussed and explored:
- CV: how is it constructed? What choices did a person make in the past and why? Does the CV have to be completed with more in depth work experience or does the candidate have to add a personal profile?
- Education: why did someone pursue those specific studies, or why for example did he or she decided to stop studying?
- Ambitions: what is the ambition of the candidate and how does he or she want to achieve this? Is this feasible at all or does their ambition need to be realigned or adjusted to suit their current situation?
- The role: what kind of positions are interesting for the candidate? In what kind of work does he or she excel? What are a person’s strengths/weaknesses in this specialism. As importantly, what does a candidate not want?
- The company: what kind of company does the candidate want to work for? Is this an Asset Manager of preferably a Bank or Pension Fund? Does he/she prefer a large organization, or the increased breadth of role often associated with working in a smaller organisation?
- Personal situation: Does someone have young children, or are they single? Is the candidate starting out on a new career path…everybody has their story.
- Location: where does someone want to work? Is he or she prepared to travel for a job and if yes, how far?
- Availability: how many hours a week is someone able to work?
- Salary: what is the salary now and what is their expectation?
- Motivation: why is someone looking for a new job? Does it has to do with ambition, travel distance, changes in their personal circumstances or are there other reasons?
The moment we receive the job profile of your vacancy, we will go through the content and requirements and if necessary, we will discuss the profile with you further. We can assist you in composing a clear job profile. With our knowledge of Financial Markets, it is time-saving and pratical for all concerned for us to get a verbal explanation of the content of the job by the Hiring Manager. We will also discuss the soft skills required if in the job and in what salary range the employee will be classified, so we can take this into account in the selection of a candidate.
In the selection process of a candidate, we focus on different issues:
- Does someone have the required experience and skills
- Is the candidate a suitable fit for your company
- Does the candidate fit within the department
- Does the job profile fit with the expectations of the candidate
When going through the job profile with the candidate, the content of the role and the requirements of the Hiring Manager will be discussed. If a candidate is enthusiastic and agrees in having his or her CV sent, only then will we propose the candidacy to you. This means that a CV will only be presented to you when a candidate is truly interested in the vacancy and in you as an employer. Total Solutions performs the initial candidate screening for you and a reference check is part of this selection process. This way, we ensure that you are presented with qualified and suitably motivated candidates. Of course, we ensure that our screening process is matched with the requirements of your company.
Our screening consists of:
- Visual verification of authentic identification
- Education check through retrieval of diplomas
- Content control of the CV
- Query references
- This screening will take place on a best effort base. There can be no rights reserved on this check.
Depending on the requirements of the client, the screening might be completed with:
- Requesting integrity statements
- PES Screening
All candidates are introduced through both a quality checked CV and a short description of the candidate, including their motivation for the role. Total Solutions only presents candidates that fit the job profile that we are presented with. With this strict selection process it is not possible to tell you in advance how many candidates we will introduce to you. We only select the best for presentation and volume doesn’t always reflect this.
When a candidate is invited for an interview, our Consultants will prepare the candidate. Our consultants will give them an insight into the organization and the structure. The candidates will receive all the necessary information about the department and the person conducting the interview.
Total Solutions strives to present you with suitable candidates within 48 hours of recept of the job profile. If this timeframe is not possible or because the role is very particular, we will inform you within 24 hours and we will give you an indication of the expected timeframe.